Farming Vanilla Bean

Posted by Jennifer on March 28, 2024

I'm down to 5 vanilla beans in my inventory and I was going to plant them to get more. When I went to the farm vanilla bean wasn't in the list of things I could plant. Other things that aren't actually a seed like potato and pinto bean were there and at one time I was able to plant vanilla bean. Can it still be planted?

Replies

Reply by Jennifer on March 30, 2024

Hear is an update on my question. I forgot to say that I was using the browser version when I was trying to plant vanilla bean. I was able to plant my vanilla bean using the Alexa app but vanilla bean is still not showing up in my list of farming items. I don't usually use the app to play Gacha Pets but I can usev the app to plant vanilla bean.

Reply by Jared on March 30, 2024

I don’t see the bean there either. Not in the browser. I used to see it but i don’t even know If I have any vanilla bean.

Reply by Jennifer on March 30, 2024

On the browser version if you go to where it says list items you'll then be able to see all the items you have. If you don't have any vanilla bean you can always get it from the market. When I first got the recipe for vanilla extract I bought 1 vanilla bean and grew all my other vanilla beans. Whenever I craft anything with things like vanilla bean, potato, rice, etc that isn't an actual seed I make sure I save a few to plant. vanilla bean takes four hours to grow so I just use wonder grow so I don't have to keep checking my plants and adding more water or anything else.

Reply by Jared on March 31, 2024

I must have used it because Imade extract yesterdayeab Idon'th anymore unless it said I had 1. I don'tknow where to get wondergrow, I found it once.

Reply by Jennifer on April 1, 2024

Go to the apothecary and you'll find the recipe. It takes 5 water and 1 bloomroot to craft. You can only buy 1 bloomroot seed a day from the market. 1 bloomroot seed can produce several roots. I usually get between 8 and 12 roots from one seed.

Reply by Digital Hokum Staff Replymalero on April 1, 2024

Yes, it looks like vanilla beans aren’t showing up on the browser version for some reason. I’ll look into it.

Beans are technically seeds and farmers plant potatoes to clone them rather than seeds since potatoes aren’t true to seed. I probably should have just added potato seeds since most people don’t know or care about that stuff, but I find it all very fascinating and wanted to make it somewhat close to real life.

If you don’t know what true to seed means and you’re curious, look up the story of the Hass avocado.

Reply by Jared on April 1, 2024

My bloomroot died and I can only buy 1 a day. It takes 4 hours, and I did check on it. So since there’s none for sale in the auction house and I can only buy one, I’m stuck until I can constantly check on these roots.

Reply by Jennifer on April 2, 2024

Malero, please don't change potato to potato seed. I think that would be more confusing. Someone might start asking where we get the potato seed from. When we choose a plot number and look through our list of items to plant potato is there just like garlic and ginger which are not grown from a seed either. Some people might think a potato is grown from a seed if they've heard of seed potatos. I know that potatos are grown from pieces of the seed potatos. When I started playing Gacha Pets I was using my echo and I didn't realize at first that we could plant things like potato, rice, and wheat to get more. One day I asked what farming items I had while I was at the farm and that's how I figured it out. Now that I play on the browser I can go through the list and see how much of each item I have to plant. I don't do any type of gardening and at first I had a lot of plants, mostly the herbs, that didn't make it in my Gacha Pets farm. Since you came out with the wonder grow all my plants survive. I use wonder grow on things that take over 2 hours to grow. The dragon salt helps a lot too. Sometimes my plants being over watered was the problem.

Reply by Absolute-Jalisco on April 8, 2024

Yes, that is true and being able to make your own matrix spray is better

Reply by Jared on April 8, 2024

It's better if you can find what you can use to make the thing. I can't seem to be successful at making that either.

Please sign in to post a reply.